- Algorithmic techniques to improve load balance for unstructured applications
- Data-intensive parallel algorithms
- Hybrid/heterogeneous/accelerated algorithms
- Highly scalable numerical methods for PDEs
HPC Applications and Software Framework Development
- High Performance Computing software engineering
- computational engineering and materials science
- Solutions for parallel programming challenges (e.g., interoperability, memory consistency, determinism, race detection, work stealing or load balancing)
- Computational design optimization for environment, energy, manufacturing and industrial applications
- 2020/09-2025/09,CCP-WSI+CollaborativeComputationalProjectonWaveStruc- ture Interaction +, EPSRC Grant(EP/T026782/1)
- 2019/10-2022/09, Extreme Loading on Floating Offshore Wind Turbines (FOWTs) under Complex Environmental Conditions, EPSRC Standard Grant(EP/T004339/1)
- 2018/01-2018/10, eCSE-OpenFOAM: ” Developing dynamic load balancing library for wisFOAM”, ARCHER CSE Funding.
- 2016/03-2017/11, eCSE-ISPH: ”Developing Massively Parallel ISPH with complex boundary geometries ”, ARCHER CSE Funding.
- SC14, travel awards, funded through EPSRC UK-USA HPC collaboration network, details in http://ukusahpc.blogspot.co.uk/
- SC13, travel awards, funded through EPSRC UK-USA HPC collaboration network, details in http://ukusahpc.blogspot.co.uk/
- 2014/09-2015/09,eCSE-ISPH:”Developing highly scalable 3-D incompressible SPH”, ARCHER CSE Funding.
- 2013/01-2013/09, dCSE-ISPH: ”Massively Parallel Computing for Incompressible Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics (ISPH)”, HECToR dCSE Funding.
- SIAM: Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
- ACM: Association for Computing Machinery.
- Specialist Editor in HPC, Grid and Novel Computing, Computer Physics Communications
- ISC19 technical committee member
- SC(18,19,20) technical committee member
- ICCS, ICPP technical committee member
- Instructor of software/data Carpentry
- Visiting Professor, Harbin Engineering University, 2016-Present
- Visiting Scholar, University of Manchester, 2010-Present
- Reviewer, Computers&Fluid
- Reviewer, Computer Physics Communications
- Reviewer, Parallel Computing Systems&Applications
- Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems